10 Reasons Why Marrakech Is Perfect For A Winter Sun Escape…
Posted on December 03 2018
Marrakech is the fourth largest city in Morocco after Casablanca, Fez and Tangier, one of the busiest cities in Africa and an incredibly popular tourist destination. Like many Moroccan cities it is fortified and holds many attractions and vendors within its walls but is bordered by more modern neighbourhoods.
We've listed 10 reasons below why we think it should be on your radar as a winter sun escape…
1) Marrakech has beautiful weather all year round – and even in its coldest month, January, temperatures can reach 20 degrees Celsius, making it a reliable winter sun option any month of the year.
2) The city is only a 3-4 hour direct flight from London, ideal for either a long weekend break or a longer winter sun holiday. There is also only one hour’s difference time-wise.
3) Flight prices are extremely reasonable – if you are flexible with dates, times and airports you can bag yourself a real bargain at the last minute. If you’re not so flexible, you can still find flights for under £100 per person return.
4) Marrakech offers a completely new, different and exotic multi-sensory experience compared to choosing a more familiar European or American resort. It will transport you to a different world with its colours, smells, food, vibe and sense of adventure.
5) The city is packed with things to see, do and experience if you just want to take things easy. There are also multiple day trip options if you want to explore the beautiful surrounding areas such as the Atlas mountains, the desert or the seaside resort of Essaouira.
Photo credit to Jonny_Joka / Pixabay.
6) Make sure your wander around Djemaa el Fna Square - the heart and soul of the city – both during the day and at night, to witness the difference in vibe and the full street theatre offering of snake charmers, story-tellers, traditional dancers and magicians.
7) Immerse yourself in Marrakech’s historical and architectural beauty. Give yourself time to explore the Medina of Marrakech – a UNESCO World Heritage Site for Outstanding Universal Value - the Koutoubia Mosque, Bahia Palace, Saadian Tombs and any museums that take your fancy. For the fashion lovers out there, there is the Musee Yves Saint Laurent.
8) Indulge your passion for shopping and go hunting for that perfect Moroccan lamp, carpet or wall hanging in the Souks – the famous labyrinth of traders and stalls. Marrakech has the largest traditional market in Morocco.
Photo credit to Florian Bernhardt / Unsplash.
9) Embrace the culture…go and watch a belly-dancing show, take a visit to the traditional baths called the Hammans and indulge in the local cuisine of incredibly fragrant, rich and tasty Couscous and Tagine dishes (a Cat Turner favourite!).
10) Treat yourself and find the perfect Riad to stay in. Marrakech offers many small and charming Riad hotels, renovated from traditional Moroccan houses or palaces, with an interior garden or courtyard. Many Riads offer stunning surroundings, beautiful design features and luxury details or facilities for a fraction of the price you would pay anywhere else.
Photo credit to Federico Gutierrez / Unsplash
Cat Turner recently took a trip to Marrakech care of Weronika and Jonas from Lemony Travels! They sent us some photos of Weronika looking stunning in the Cat Turner Strapless Summer Maxi Dress and she said she had loved wearing it because “It’s very beautiful, easy to wear and fits many occasions”…
You can follow their adventures on:
We’ll be launching some new summer styles and colours very soon – make sure you sign up HERE to get 10% OFF our holiday style essentials and let us inspire you with Cat Turner launch information, special offers and stunning destination tips for your next sunny escape!
Join our community on Instagram HERE and on Facebook HERE. Do tag us and share your holiday experiences with us on #catturnerlondon and on #beautifulsunnyescapes on Instagram.
Find your perfect beach dresses, cotton summer dresses and summer maxi dresses HERE. Whether you're looking for a halterneck summer dress, a v neck summer dress with pockets or a strapless summer maxi dress, you'll find your perfect holiday capsule wardrobe pieces for city escapes and beachside relaxation.