The Cat Turner brand was built on a desire to do fashion better.
Better, as in responsibly made and with a thought for people and the environment.
Everyone remembers the
Rana Plaza factory collapse in Bangladesh during April 2013, where over 1,100 workers were killed.
ETHICALLY MADE IN LONDON
Firstly - each Cat Turner summer dress is proudly made in one of two ethical facilities in London - a studio in West London and a work space in East London.
Choosing to make our collections in London, on our home ground, means that:
- we are bound by UK law which, as a basic measure, means more stringent regulations and checks than certain other countries around the world with regards to human rights and environmental practices.
- we can foster a closer relationship with our highly skilled teams of garment creators, due to the proximity of the sites, and have greater ongoing visibility, able to just "pop in" to see how things are going at any time.
Please see our Ethical Trading Policy here:
Secondly, we are keen to do what we can to minimise any harm to the environment.
This is work in progress and we are well aware that there is ongoing room for improvement, but here are several ways in which we are trying to be a little more mindful of sustainability issues:
- We use quality fabrics from Europe and make high-end summer wear pieces in London, designed to last. This ensures we are not disposable fast fashion and minimises our carbon footprint.
- All our fabrics have the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification - which means that the textiles are free from substances harmful to health, as tested and certified by an internationally recognised institute.
- We have started to use more environmentally friendly fabrics such as Tencel, and will look at opportunities to use more.
- We are mindful of the marketing materials and packaging we use. We made a point of adapting our original business card design to work on an uncoated card, and our swing tag to work on an unlaminated card, to make them both recyclable. Our cardboard boxes, tissue paper and branded stationery are all recyclable.
- These are some of the WRAP recommendations we support:
Read the latest blog post:
Watch our production video:
Explore our collection of ethically made beach dresses, cotton summer dresses and summer maxi dresses HERE.
Whether you're looking for a halterneck summer dress, a summer dress with sleeves or a strapless summer maxi dress, you'll find the perfect holiday capsule wardrobe pieces for city escapes and beachside relaxation.